Yacht Management / Guardianage
Hamble Point Yacht Charters - Yacht Management/Guardianage Scheme
Our Yacht Management Scheme ensures that a close eye is kept on your yacht. We can arrange berthing at Hamble Point Marina, full commercial marine insurance and can carry out all routine maintenance and servicing, as well as the annual winter haul out and refit, working with reputable local companies to ensure that quality is maintained and that work is followed through to satisfactory completion. If you prefer, you may also opt to carry out some or all of the annual maintenance or other work on your yacht yourself rather than us arranging for it to take place. We have a fleet insurance policy and will be pleased to give you a quote for this on request.
We will ensure that your yacht is ready for your use when you arrive at the marina, and on your return we will clean her, place her dehumidifier back on board, check her over, and carry out any little maintenance jobs that are required or additional work that you would like us to attend to.
For a fee of £125+VAT per month we will oversee the management, maintenance, repairs and upkeep of your yacht. This includes:
- in addition to ongoing daily informal checks, a formal visit to your yacht (based at Hamble Point Marina) at least once a week to check that she is secure, check on the mooring lines and fenders, heaters and dehumidifiers, security of hatches, batteries and bulbs; ventilate the yacht; check on all systems and report any problems, defects, faults and recommendations to you
- additional check when adverse weather is forecast to ensure the yacht is secure
- Two comprehensive internal and external valets per month (additional cleans available at £50+VAT per clean). During the damper seasons, remove dehumidifer before your usage and replace after usage.
- A professional maintenance programme - arrange, coordinate and oversee any work desired or required and agreed with yourself
- Ensure that all safety checks, insurances etc are scheduled and renewed when necessary (may include - as agreed with yourself - berthing, yacht insurance, Sea Start membership, flare expiry; liferaft, lifejacket, gas, fire extinguisher and rig checks); the cost of the renewals or checks will be added to your account
- Provide a personnalised annual recommendation for the winterisation programme and any additional work recommended throughout the year
- Unlimited professional help and advice through the year
- Storage of additional sails and canvaswork
If you wish us to we will also refuel the yacht after your usage, charging the cost of the fuel plus a minimal service charge to do so.
In addition, we are happy to organise and carry out or arrange any servicing, repairs, replacements or renewals that you may wish us to. We charge an extremely competitive rate for in-house labour and have good relations with all the marine trades locally and within the marina. Please call us or email us for further details.